Senior Living Marketing Trends to Watch in 2020
What senior living marketing trends should you be paying attention to?
So glad you asked.
Senior Living Marketing Trend #1: Always Think Mobile First.
An average of 68% of our clients’ website views and conversions happen on mobile phones. Websites built with a “mobile first” design will outperform websites built for only desktop experiences.
Remember, the real estate for messaging and lead conversion shrinks dramatically on smartphones. This means you must put the most important info at the TOP of the site.
Let’s break it down:
- Copy. Messaging must be clear, concise, and explain the problem you solve and who you serve.
- Navigation. Think simple organization. Focus on the most important information prospects are looking for, like locations and care levels. Design elements should include drop-down menus to easily access specific information. Or you should implement a properly-tested hamburger menu or jumbo menu.
- CTAs (Calls to Action). Encourage visitors to take an action, but give them different options. Use colorful buttons designed for clumsy thumbs on the go. Be sure the phone numbers on the website are dynamic, too. For example, use “click to call” with tracking to measure website conversions.
FREE Website Assessment
Get out your cell phone and pull up your website to test the mobile experience.
Need help? Get a free website performance assessment today.
Senior Living Marketing Trend #2: Hyper-Target Prospects.
A recent user experience study published by Acquia reports that 80% of customers want greater personalization. In fact, respondents claim they would be more loyal to a brand that demonstrates an understanding of who they are.
The only way to get the right content to the right prospect at the right time, however, is to have the ability to track their behavior. Here is what you should need to track:
- Everything prospects are doing on your website: You need to know how often they visit and what pages/blogs they’re visiting so you can personalize your follow-up based on each prospect’s specific interests. Marketing automation is an effective way to accomplish this.
- Engagement: Consider the following…
- Email opens and clicks
- Paid advertising clicks and conversions from Google AdWords and Facebook
- CTA interactions to track if they have downloaded a brochure or guide, requested a call back or scheduled a tour, and/or engaged with live chat or a survey.
Score leads based on the actions prospects take on your website. This will help you identify prospects with the greatest opportunity to advance and close.
- ROI. Senior living providers should have a way to track the return on investment of every lead generation source. Your marketing team or agency should have the technology to quantify the cost per conversion and cost per move-in by channel. Extra points if you can also calculate the resident lifetime value based on actual revenue and length of stay data.
Senior Living Marketing Trend #3: Move to Open Source Technology.
“Consistently delivering convenient, personalized experiences across all channels requires technology that can readily access all the data personalization demands and flexibly support CX online, in-store, and everywhere else,” reports Acquia.
The senior living technology space has been dominated by closed-source platforms that do not allow integration into all of the data sources operators need to optimize their marketing results.
Our clients are moving away from these antiquated solutions in favor of newer open source technology providers that allow operators muhc more freedom and choice.
Here are the signs that it’s time to change your website hosting or CRM company:
- The website is built on a proprietary platform. What this can mean…
- You cannot make changes, updates, or edits to your own website.
- They do not have or will not share an API key to allow integration with marketing automation, live chat, interactive surveys etc.
- They decide what to measure. The problem? It’s usually not what really matters.
- The senior living CRM is not integrated with a marketing automation platform OR it forces you to use their solution rather than the best-in-class that you would prefer. It does not connect to your website forms and/or third-party lead providers. This means any data entry on your end will have to happen manually. You cannot get the reports you need, such as lead generation by channel.
Ready to explore better CMS and CRM options?
Schedule a call with the Senior Living SMART team today. These senior living marketing trends will likely define the next decade. Don’t get left behind! Simple, strategic changes can make all the difference.
Hey, thanks for sharing the information. Gone are the days of the institutionalized nursing home, with its white walls and sterilized, hospital-like setting. Because of this, senior living marketing trends today focus on creating a community that reflects their resident’s personal values.
Continuously longed for going into business? Look at this dazzling and imaginative looking marketable strategy layout. You can begin straight away!