If you’ve been wondering how to generate leads for senior living facilities, keep reading. In this article, we talk about different channels for driving traffic to your website, tips for converting early-stage leads so you can nurture them, and strategies for generating high-quality leads that are ready for sales.
Download a version of this article in one handy illustrated PDF that you can share with your senior living marketing and sales teams.
Drive more traffic to your senior living website.
Looking to increase traffic to your website? Developing a sound inbound marketing strategy is the first step. With inbound marketing, you’re going after folks who are already searching for information on senior living. So you’ll want to optimize your website for organic search, have keyword-rich pages, write helpful blog posts that answer specific questions, and offer premium content that people can download via forms.
But what about some of the “old school” tactics that many communities still use, like . . .
- Local newspapers
These are great examples of outbound marketing. The people you reach via these channels might not have a need for senior living right now, but you’re planting the seed and building brand awareness. And yes, you will reach some folks who might be thinking about senior living—so if you grab their attention, you might luck out and direct them to your site.
Use these channels for creating local brand awareness and/or if you have a very specific call to action (CTA), such as . . .
- New openings/ pre-leasing
- Repositioning – new ownership/management/refurb
- Events – open houses and social and educational events
Remember to use a dedicated call tracking number to measure how many calls you generated. You can also use a QR code to drive conversions on a landing page.
Convert more marketing-qualified leads (MQLs).
Here are some effective ways to capture early-stage leads to fill your prospect pipeline:
- Generic direct mail campaigns. Create mailing lists based on age, income, and zip code. Use call tracking and QR codes to measure results.
- Website content offers. Think downloadable brochures, guides, and e-books. Include CTAs for downloading offers in every blog.
- Facebook paid campaigns. You can use the same segmenting options that you used for direct mail. Then, create look-alike audiences.
- Live chat. Always ask for people’s names and emails so you can continue conversations via email if they leave the chat.
- Off-site events. Think restaurant events with speakers and virtual online events. Bring a tablet and have people sign up for email updates (this way, you get their opted-in email address).
- These marketing channels will convert more anonymous traffic into MQLs. The downside is that these leads require nurturing. They are not ready to buy now, so do not give them to the sales team until the lead indicates that they want a sales interaction. This is where marketing automation is most effective because it sends the right message to the right prospect at the right time.
- PRO TIP: On your website forms for top-of-the-funnel content, make sure the field for a phone number is optional. If you require a phone number, your conversions will decrease, possibly by as much as 25%.
Empower sales-qualified leads (SQLs) to ask for a sales interaction when they’re ready.
If you’re looking to drive high-intent leads that are ready for a sales interaction, consider using some of these popular channels:
- Google AdWords
- Targeted direct mail with look-alike demographics
- Smart website CTAs, banners, and pop-ups leading to a relevant landing page
- Retargeting ads
- Interactive surveys and quizzes (Roobrik/ Aging Choices)
These leads have indicated a high intent and need for senior living and have greater urgency than MQLs. The strategy here is to get them to commit to a face-to-face or voice-to-voice interaction with the sales team.
CTAs should be something like . . .
- Click to call now
- Schedule a tour
- RSVP today
- Learn more about (insert special offer)
Keep in mind that these channels tend to generate the highest quality leads. But they are much more expensive because there’s a ton of competition for them. Each SQL may cost over $750 per conversion (MQLs convert for around $135).
Need help generating leads for senior living? Work with us.
Another effective strategy for generating better leads? Work with Senior Living SMART. We understand lead gen, and we thoroughly understand the various buyer personas you’re targeting. Get in touch and let’s chat about your lead gen efforts.